In this post, we’re going to show you how to send order details from Shopify to Google Sheets. When fulfillment or manufacturing processes require that your customer’s order details are organized into a spreadsheet for their machines to read, the answer is often a manual task that can take up many hours each week. But with MESA, it’s as simple as just a few clicks!
First, watch the Shopify to Google Sheets video tutorial:
Next, start with this Shopify to Google Sheets template:
Follow these step-by-step instructions to connect Shopify Orders to Google Sheets:
1. On your MESA dashboard, type in “Send orders to Google Sheets” in the Search apps and templates field and select the template from the drop-down menu.
On the next page, click the green Start with this template button in the top right-hand corner.
2. In the next step, you’ll need to open the Google Sheets Add Row step and click the Authenticate with Google button to create a new credential. If you already have created a credential, select an existing one in the Existing Credentials drop-down menu.
3. Almost there! From the drop-down menu on the Spreadsheet field, select “Create new spreadsheet” and assign the Sheet Name field as “Sheet1”. Next, click on the Update spreadsheet columns button to create a new Google Sheets spreadsheet with column headers.
The Spreadsheet field will update with the title of the new spreadsheet. Click the external link icon to the right of the search bar to view your new spreadsheet in Google Sheets.
4. Optionally, now might be a good time to adjust the title of your spreadsheet, sheet name, and adjust any formatting.
5. Go back to your workflow and click on the Update spreadsheet columns button again to apply the changes. Anytime you make additional changes on the Google Sheets spreadsheet, like changing the title or column headers, you’ll need to click the Update spreadsheet columns button again to apply them to the workflow.
Last Step: The most important
6. Once complete, scroll back up to the top of the page and click the Save and Enable button in the top right-hand corner.
Workflow Wrap Up
Now you’re ready to send order details with product options from Shopify to Google Sheets. Every step in the workflow is 100% customizable. Change an event, add a step before/after or adjust the default settings.
MESA is a great way to get your apps working altogether so that you can work smarter. Give it a try with our 100% free 14-day trial.
Your business thriving 24/7
Complete tasks accurately around the clock across any department.Automate more with MESA
We watch for new apps then package them into an email sent every Tuesday.